Welcome to the beginning of the 2022-2023 school year! I would like to take a minute to introduce myself. My name is Craig Fisher and I am the High School Principal at Coloma Community Schools.
Coloma has always had a special place in my heart. My parents bought their first house on Little Paw Paw Lake Road. I went to school at Washington Elementary from grades K-2. Looking back at those years, I still remember fondly the names of some friends from that time and the teachers. Coming full circle and being a part of this community again, I do not take it lightly.
I have two sons of my own, Aidan (16yrs.) and Rylan (14yrs.). My girlfriend Karla Martinez has two sons, David (6 yrs.) and Daniel (5yrs.). We enjoy camping, kayaking, fishing, and Marvel movies when we are not taking the kids to practices or going to their events.
Throughout your child’s career at Coloma High School, we want them to experience and take advantage of opportunities that we have to offer at Coloma Community Schools. We offer various opportunities that may interest your child. We offer a selection of varsity sports, robotics clubs, CTE classes, Art, Band, Choir, and AP classes. We also have leadership opportunities in the National Honor Society and Student Council.
I am personally looking forward to the beginning of the 2022-2023 school year. Since coming on board on July 1, 2022, I have witnessed and have been informed about great things going on with our students and staff.
- Our students that were in credit recovery this summer worked really hard and earned 41.5 credits this summer.
- Sara Glisson, high school science teacher, was selected to a BIORETS program at Western Michigan University this summer. She spent seven weeks doing academic research in a BSL Level 2 microbiology lab. Sara learned so much and looks forward to using skills learned and STEM practices with her students this upcoming year.
- The board of education this summer approved moving forward with the Inspire Science Curriculum Program. This curriculum will help Coloma Community Schools vertically align standards k-12.
- Band students attended Band Camp from August 1, 2022 to August 5, 2022. On August 6th, the students participated in the Glad Peach Festival Parade. Students worked really hard to get ready for the upcoming school year.
- Varsity sports began official practice August 8, 2022. The Comets are getting ready for competition in the SAC.
Great things are happening at Coloma High School. I can’t wait to see what our students accomplish this school year.